Thursday, March 22, 2012

Chris was a great example to me...

Chris was a great example to me as we served together at EFY in 1996 at the University of Eastern Kentucky session ‘Living the Legacy’. He was a building coordinator and I was a counselor. I remember that for one of our nightly devotionals I invited Chris to share a lesson and his testimony with the young men in our group. He did many of his Church Leader impressions and also shared a very powerful testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Over the past few years I have run into Chris on occasion at the Church Office Building or up at the University Hospital. He always had a friendly smile to share and genuinely interested to know how I was doing. I am saddened to hear of his passing but ever grateful for the powerful friendships we create while here on earth. Will miss you Chris!

Gerrit Timmerman

No comments:

Post a Comment