Sunday, March 25, 2012

Memories of Chris Beers

To all those who love Chris Beers:

I am Max Molgard. I first became acquainted with Chris at the Taylorsville Institute. I was an instructor and advisor to the Institute Council when Chris served as the Council President. That began a wonderful friendship with an incredibly outstanding young man. I was saddened to hear of Chris’ passing. I for one will miss his smile, energy, and great sense of humor, but most importantly, his compassionate love for people.

The last few days I have been thinking about Chris a lot as I am sure you all have. My first thought was my last visit with him when I ran into him at the University of Utah Hospital. As usual he made me smile and made me feel like I was one of the most important persons in the world. I have thought about all the times he made me laugh with his impersonations. I have thought about the many conversations we had concerning people Chris was concerned about and how he might help. I have witnessed and been a recipient of his compassion and generosity. I found I had to be careful mentioning something I liked around him. One day he was sporting a brand new pair of tennis shoes which I said I really liked. A few days later he showed up at my office with the exact brand of shoes as a gift to me. I was insistent that he return them and he was even more insistent that I was to have them. You all know who won that battle. One of the rooms in our home has three wonderfully framed pictures that were gifts from Chris to me at various times. Those are just a few of many examples of Chris’ compassion and generosity.

There will certainly be a void in my mortal life not having Chris here. I just want everyone to know that I am a better man for having been given the privilege of being able to have Chris as a friend and brother.

I certainly hope for and hold on to the great promise found in the Doctrine and Covenants: ”When the Savior shall appear we shall see him as he is. We shall see that he is a man like ourselves. And that same sociality which exists among us here will exist among us there, only it will be coupled with eternal glory, which glory we do not now enjoy” (D&C 130:1-2‎)‎.

Max H. Molgard

No comments:

Post a Comment